September 8, 2009, 12:00 AM

Gross merchandise sales at ClickBank.com rise 8% in the first half

The e-marketplace for more than 12,000 independent sellers of digital products and more than 100,000 affiliate marketers reports that gross merchandise sales for the first half of this year rose 8% year over year.

Katie Evans

Managing Editor, International Research

 

Click Sales Inc.’s ClickBank.com, an e-marketplace for more than 12,000 independent sellers of digital products like e-books and software, and more than 100,000 affiliate marketers, reports that gross merchandise sales for the first half of this year rose 8% over the same period last year. The privately held company, which doesn’t report complete financial numbers, says it now does more than $300 million a year in gross merchandise sales, or the total value of goods sold through its site.

 

Sellers pay a one-time set-up fee of $49.95 to list products for sale on ClickBank.com, which handles all payment transactions. At the time of each purchase by a consumer, ClickBank pays the seller a wholesale price equal to about 92.5% of the retail price and keeps the remaining 7.5%.

Nearly three-quarters of all sales by ClickBank sellers, or about 73%, are referred by ClickBank affiliates, who find sellers to represent on ClickBank.com and receive up to 75% of the wholesale price that ClickBank pays sellers. Each seller works out with ClickBank the retail price and affiliate commission for each of its products. The minimum retail price is $3 per item.

ClickBank notes that it processes about 26,000 orders per day from customers in more than 200 countries. Click Sales Inc. is a subsidiary of Boise, ID-based Keynetics Inc. Keynetics also operates Kount Inc., which provides technology for controlling online fraud.

 

 

Comments

Sign In to Make a Comment

Comments are moderated by Internet Retailer and can be removed.

Not a member? Signup for free today!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Relevant Commentary

FPO

Jason Squardo / Mobile Commerce

Five tips for achieving high mobile search rankings

Searches on mobile devices will soon exceed those on computers, Google says. Retailers that keep ...

FPO

Sergio Pereira / B2B E-Commerce

Quill turns to its B2B customers for new ideas

Coming in April is a new section of Quill.com that will let customers and Quill ...

Advertisement