Though much more yes than no, experts find. While Apple remains cagey about new privacy protections in iOS 8, experts say retailers can indeed ...
When it comes to traffic to home and garden e-commerce sites, The Home Depot rules the roost. The online retailer continues a trend in June, ranking No 1. for traffic with 20 million unique visitors, up 34% from 14.94 million a year earlier.
When it comes to traffic to home and garden e-commerce sites, The Home Depot rules the roost. The online retailer continued a trend in June, ranking No 1. for traffic in the category with 20 million unique visitors, up 34% over last June’s 14.94 million. While the retailer has taken the top spot for the last several months, June’s year-over-year jump was significantly higher than usual. The retailer’s traffic was flat in May, in April it grew by 1% and in March it fell 5%.
Meanwhile, the Home Shopping Network posted a strong 45% traffic increase in unique visitors. However, most of the other top home and garden retailers posted traffic declines for June. No. 3, eBay Home fell 59% year over year and Pottery Barn and Joann.com each fell 13%.
The top seven online home and garden shopping destinations in June with unique visitors in millions this year and last and growth from prior year, according to Nielsen Online, were:
- The Home Depot, 20.00, 14.94, 34%
- Lowe’s, 12.03, 11.14, 8%
- The Home Shopping Network, 5.80, 4.00, 45%
- eBay Home, 4.16, 10.19, -59%
- Ikea, 2.46, 2.36, 4%
- Pottery Barn, 1.50, 1.73, -13%
- Jo-Ann.com, 1.42, 1.62, -13%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who comes to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top e-commerce sites in this category based on Nielsen Online data.
By length of visit, the top nine home & garden retail sites in May (minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen Online, were:
- Jerome’s Furniture, 54:42
- Stampin Up, 42:19
- Aquasana, 39:35
- Steve’s Blinds and Wallpaper, 35:19
- Rugstudio.com, 34:49
- Harlem Furniture, 34:14
- Fabrics-store.com, 29:15
- Cutlery Corner, 25:56
- Homestead Store, 24:40
The top 10 advertisers in terms of online ad impressions (in millions) last month, according to Nielsen data, were:
- Sears Holdings Corp., Hard Goods, 136.93
- The Clorox Co., Clorox, 121.56
- Valspar Valspar, 26. 87
- American Standard Companies Inc. Trane, 24.25
- Reckitt Benckiser plc Spray `n Wash 20.72
- Sears Holdings Corporation Sears, 20.63
- Zodiac Pool Care Baracuda, 14.69
- Reckitt Benckiser plc Lysol, 14.60
- Reckitt Benckiser plc Resolve 14.42
- Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Company Scotch, 14.28