Multi-Million Dollar Contracts in Financial Services Sector Help Close Record Fourth Quarter
EMERYVILLE, Calif., February 11, 2009 - Sendmail, Inc. the leading provider of reliable and secure email and messaging infrastructures, today announced results from another record-breaking sales year, ending January 31, 2009. In fiscal year 2008, the company achieved 100% sales growth over the past 24 months, closed a record-setting fourth quarter with 25% growth year-over-year, and secured the highest January sales in its 10-year history. The company also added 10 new Fortune 500 customers in 2008 and numerous Global 1000 enterprises distributed across all geographies and market sectors.
In the midst of the current economic environment, enterprises are focused more than ever on reducing expenses without sacrificing the threat of security breaches to their organizations. Increasingly, a diverse range of companies in the financial services, government, healthcare, and retail industries are turning to Sendmail to modernize their enterprise messaging infrastructures, leading to increased efficiencies and cost reductions with significant return-on-investment. Highlighting this trend and contributing to Sendmail`s 40% growth rate in the financial services sector in 2008 was the addition of two of the world`s largest banks to the company`s blue chip customer list.
Among the newest Fortune 500 enterprise customers turning to Sendmail`s family of Sentrion® Message Processor solutions were:
- A 300,000-user financial services firm consolidating multiple servers by migrating its open source email backbone to the Sentrion MPV virtual appliance
- A major defense contractor with 21 million daily messages processed, replacing its outdated software and hardware servers with Sentrion MP hard appliances
- A large government agency modernizing its data center through “green savings” by reducing power, rack space and server footprint with a combination of Sentrion MP and MPV appliances
Accomplishments in 2008 also included the release of two new appliances that give customers unparalleled flexibility to deploy solutions that precisely match their workload and infrastructure needs. Expanding on the company`s suite of Sentrion Message Processors, Sendmail introduced Sentrion MPV, a VMware-based virtual appliance designed for customers who seek higher server utilization rates and support green data center initiatives. Additionally, Sentrion MPQ, a Quantum Message Processor running on a blade server and featuring up to sixteen times (16x) the I/O performance of existing Sentrion machines, was introduced to provide Sendmail`s growing customer base with a choice of appliance formats that are unmatched in the industry.
Key Company Accomplishments:
- 100% sales growth over 24 months
- Best January sales in company history
- Record Q4 increase of 25% year-over-year
- 268 new customers
- 10 new Fortune 500 customers, including two of the world`s largest banks
- Highest sales growth in financial services sector (40%)
- Product platform expansion with Sentrion MPV and Sentrion MPQ
- Largest sendmail MTA open source user migration to Sentrion MPV
- Replacement of “filtering” point solutions from Symantec, IronPort, ProofPoint, and others
About Sendmail, Inc. Sendmail provides appliance-based products, applications and services that enable enterprises and government agencies to modernize their messaging infrastructures. Since 1982, thousands of commercial and open source customers around the globe have relied on Sendmail for a unified approach to the complex problems of policy-based message handling and routing. The company`s comprehensive suite of applications addresses the challenges of gateway management, inbound threat protection, data leak prevention, email authentication and intra-company message management. These applications run on Sendmail`s family of Sentrion® Message Processors, which are available in hard appliance, virtual appliance and blade server configurations. Sendmail is headquartered in Emeryville, CA with sales and support offices throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
For more information call 1-87-SENDMAIL, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.