September 27, 2007, 12:00 AM

Sales increase 5.5% after Joann.com adopts shopping trust mark

Sales increased 5.5% at crafts retailer Joann.com after implementation of the Hacker Safe trust mark on its e-commerce site in April, says Juan Gonzalez, director of information technology. The site is paying about $15,000 annually for the service.

Paul Demery

Managing Editor, B2B E-commerce

Sales increased 5.5% at Joann.com after implementation of the Hacker Safe trust mark on its site in April, says Juan Gonzalez, director of information technology.

While ease of implementation and enterprise-level technical support were key factors in adopting Hacker Safe, it was hard to ignore the return on investment the security feature delivered, Gonzalez says.

“We saw a 5% to 6% lift in sales during our first 30-day A/B test, which is excellent for an established brand like ours,” he says, adding that the lift translates into hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional sales annually.

Low cost of implementation also played a role-Joann.com is paying about $15,000 annually for the service, Gonzalez says. Joann.com is No. 208 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide.

Executives at Joann.com decided to test Hacker Safe because of its low cost and the large number of e-commerce sites using it as a security feature, he says.

Joann.com`s store partner, Jo-Ann Stores Inc., has more than 900 stores in 49 states. Jo-Ann Stores owns 38% of Joann.com and in August signed a letter of intent to purchase from IdeaForest.com Inc. the remaining 62%.

Comments

Sign In to Make a Comment

Comments are moderated by Internet Retailer and can be removed.

Not a member? Signup for free today!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Relevant Commentary

FPO

Jason Squardo / Mobile Commerce

Five tips for achieving high mobile search rankings

Searches on mobile devices will soon exceed those on computers, Google says. Retailers that keep ...

FPO

Sergio Pereira / B2B E-Commerce

Quill turns to its B2B customers for new ideas

Coming in April is a new section of Quill.com that will let customers and Quill ...

Advertisement