Online Circulars Delivered Across Channels – Display Ads, RSS, Mobile, Web Widgets
LAS VEGAS – Sept. 17, 2007 – Today at the 2007 Shop.org Annual Summit, ShopLocal™, the leader in multi-channel shopping and marketing services, announced the release of SmartDelivery, a localization engine that distributes versioned up-to-date local promotions and deals across a wide variety of mediums. From embedded content on the Internet to mobile applications, advertisers have a much simpler way to broadly distribute promotional content, reaching shoppers wherever they might be.
With SmartDelivery, advertisers can now choose the advertising delivery vehicle that best reaches their customers with local in-store promotions, including online display ads, embedded content, Real Simple Syndication (RSS), search engine marketing (SEM), widgets and mobile. Traditionally, consumers received their weekly promotions and deals through printed newspaper inserts and mailings but ShopLocal revolutionized the industry with SmartCircular and SmartMedia that placed these same print promotions online. Now SmartDelivery takes multi-channel advertising to a new level by providing the technology that allows advertisers to customize localized content and send it out over multiple channels. The SmartDelivery engine also improves measurability, with performance tracking metrics.
“We are very excited to offer our customers the chance to feature their promotions and deals in so many locations across the Web,” said Rob Gatto, vice president of Sales at ShopLocal. “With SmartDelivery, we provide advertisers with all the tools they need to bring shoppers information they can use to make an in-store purchasing decision.”
SmartDelivery Localization Engine Features
SmartDelivery takes localized, geographically targeted content and integrates with the following delivery mediums:
• Display Ads – SmartMedia delivers dynamic localized content from any marketplace vertical into a rich media display ad
• Embedded Content – Integrates localized content seamlessly into any third-party controlled email, blog, forum and microsite.
• Real Simple Syndication (RSS) – Offers in-store promotional content dynamically placed into a location specific feed by either category, brand or keyword.
• Widgets – Automatically reach shoppers with updated local deals and information that appear in their Web browsers or desktops.
• Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – Allows for advertisers to pay for placement and inclusion within search engines of hyper-localized search ads by systematically creating relevant ad copy and landing pages URL’s for localized in-store promotional content.
• Mobile – Promotes the flow of local, promotional content to mobile phones by allowing users to send personal shopping lists, store information and items of interest to their mobile device via SMS text messages.
For more information on SmartDelivery, please go to www.aboutshoplocal.com/smartdelivery.
ShopLocal, the leader in multi-channel shopping services, offers a complete suite of solutions connecting retailers and consumers online and in-store. The company’s consumer Web site, ShopLocal.com, provides users with choice and control in their shopping experience by offering the most comprehensive selection of timely online and in-store offers on one easy-to-use site. With ShopLocal.com, consumers can find millions of products and up-to-date weekly sales, deals, and coupons for consumer electronics, apparel, groceries and more.
ShopLocal’s customers include Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, CVS and Sears. ShopLocal powers multi-channel shopping for hundreds of newspaper Web sites and other leading local and shopping sites, such as Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, Arizona Republic, Google and SuperPages.com. ShopLocal is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), Tribune Company (NYSE:TRB), and The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI). For more information, please visit www.aboutshoplocal.com.
Assistant Account Executive
L.C. Williams & Associates