Retailers can help consumers make informed buying decisions and drive increased revenue with community generated opinions
WOBURN, Mass.-May 29, 2007--Demandware, developer of the leading On-Demand eCommerce platform, today announced a partnership with PowerReviews to give merchants the ability to incorporate community generated content and opinion into their retail websites to strengthen the shopping experience for consumers and increase conversion rates. Through the partnership, Demandware customers can easily integrate PowerReviews’ customer review and social merchandising solutions into their eCommerce sites and manage, filter and control search terms for customer review data with the Demandware Business Manager.
“A major trend of Web 2.0 social merchandising is putting control in the hands of the consumer,” said Stephan Schambach, founder and chairman of Demandware. “We chose to partner with PowerReviews to give merchants with a powerful way to drive online revenue through community generated content for more effective merchandising.”
“Demandware is a powerful and flexible eCommerce platform, and a great choice for merchants interested in adding consumer reviews and social merchandising solutions to their sites,” said Andy Chen, PowerReviews CEO. “Over 75% of online shoppers depend on consumer reviews to make informed purchase decisions. With PowerReviews and Demandware, retailers can provide their customers with these reviews right on their own retail sites, increasing site conversion and overall purchase satisfaction.”
By integrating PowerReviews with Demandware’s eCommerce platform, Demandware can now deliver best-in-class reviews to their customers with no technical effort on the client’s part. Clients can be up-and-running as quickly as the visual design is finalized (which itself is based on easy-to-implement style sheets). The integrated PowerReviews solution will deliver to Demandware’s customers:
• More Credible Reviews – “verified buyer” system that generates more trust and confidence in the reviews
• Easier-to-Scan Reviews – at-a-glance Review Snapshots™ that summarize customer opinions, so shoppers don’t have to read through dozens of individual reviews
• Affinity Recommendations – recommendations from “people like you” and who “use products like you”, making reviews more personalized
• More Helpful Guidance Throughout -- customer-generated pros, cons and best uses included in navigation and search to help guide shoppers to the right product for their needs
• More Social Experience – customer-generated photos, videos and blogs
• Increased SEO traffic – significant increase in organic search engine traffic from customer-generated copy and special SEO landing pages
In addition to providing a compelling customer experience with PowerReviews, Demandware provides a full range of best-in-class eCommerce capabilities to online merchants for driving online revenue. Delivering a rich platform through a service-based model, Demandware uniquely provides its customers with:
• Leading Merchandising to deliver a better shopping experience, increased sales and improved customer loyalty
• Total Control for merchandisers, marketers and web developers over the web site, resulting in quicker time-to-market
• Constant Innovation automatically delivers timely, feature rich upgrades to your site without extra cost, allowing you to stay ahead of the competition
• Low Risk with a reliable, on-demand platform that scales to meet seasonal peaks in traffic
Demandware (Booth #315) will be exhibiting at the upcoming Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition (www.internetretailer.com/ir2007) to be held June 4 – 8, 2007 in San Jose, California. To request a meeting at the show, please contact email@example.com.
About Demandware, Inc.
Demandware drives the success of high-growth brands with its breakthrough On-Demand eCommerce Platform+ that empowers merchandising and marketing talent with total control over the shopping experience and continuous competitive differentiation. Leading brands such as Bare Escentuals, Playmobil, and Playboy leverage Demandware’s best-in-class eCommerce functionality and automatic upgrades to help achieve higher conversion rates, increase average order size, and improve customer retention. Demandware is the only on-demand ecommerce solution that enables the rapid rollout of new sites, provides ubiquitous access to business and technical users, and is backed by a patented grid computing architecture that delivers capacity as needed for performance and reliability that exceeds industry standards. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888 553 9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PowerReviews is an enterprise solutions company that provides customer reviews and social merchandising solutions to multi-channel retailers, driving higher conversion and increased purchase satisfaction. PowerReviews’ patent-pending PowerTags™ technology captures customer opinions in their own words, making reviews more useful for shoppers, empowering them to make more informed and confident purchase decisions. Its customers include Ritz Camera, The Sports Authority, Abt Electronics, Smart Bargains, Mountain Gear, Journeys and over 100 more. With the introduction of Buzzillions.com, the company has entered the consumer portal market, leveraging its tag-based technology to introduce social navigation and affinity recommendations into the shopping research process for consumers. Based in Millbrae, California, PowerReviews is a privately held company with funding from leading venture capital firms Menlo Ventures and Draper Richards. For more information on the company, visit www.PowerReviews.com. To experience the full benefits of PowerReviews’ social merchandising solutions, visit www.Buzzillions.com.
Gretchen Mather, 617-877-7273