Combination Creates Leadership Solutions for Rich Internet Applications and Social Computing
CHARLESTON, S.C.--May 1, 2007--ATG (Art Technology Group, Inc., NASDAQ: ARTG), whose e-commerce suite powers more top online sellers than any other, today announced it has assembled a rich partner ecosystem of Web 2.0 pioneers to help its customers further enhance the user experience on their Web sites. ATG is showcasing these partners among the sponsors and exhibitors at its annual user conference, ATG Insight Live 2007, being held this week in Charleston, South Carolina. The conference has drawn a record crowd of over 600 attendees.
Through rich media-enabled interfaces and social computing capabilities, consumers shopping ATG-powered sites will find it easier and faster to discover the products they want, evaluate them using realistic graphics and user-generated content, and complete the checkout process. The partnerships complement the robust features available in the ATG Commerce Suite, whether delivered OnDemand (hosted), or via licensed software.
Web 2.0 is a term that has come to describe collaboration and social media tools such as ratings and reviews, blogs, social networking sites, wikis and Really Simple Syndication (RSS), as well as technologies such as AJAX and Flex that are used to build rich internet applications (RIA) such as rich shopping carts, apparel outfitting solutions, single pane shopping and guided product configurators. User generated content applications and rich media interfaces are more powerful when deployed with the ATG Commerce Suite.
User Generated Content (UGC)
The ATG Commerce Suite allows ratings and reviews partners to leverage consumer profile data and shopping behavior to personalize the content that shoppers see. For example, instead of showing both casual and professional photographers all the reviews available for a camera, they could see reviews from "people like them."
ATG`s powerful searchandising solutions enable merchandisers to incorporate content provided by ratings engines into their offer strategies. For example, a merchandiser could choose to present search query matches in order of the customer ratings the products have received. Or, a merchandiser could choose to offer, as an upsell, products which have received a higher user rating than the product selected by the shopper.
Current user generated content partners include:
• Bazaarvoice offers a uniquely customizable ratings and reviews infrastructure. The Bazaarvoice solution includes completely configurable implementation, account-specific content moderation, community management, analytics and support.. Bazaarvoice customers own all of their ratings and reviews content and can amplify its marketing and natural search traffic-driving potential through SyndicateVoice. SyndicateVoice includes branded content syndication to 11 of the world`s largest comparison shopping sites, including MSN, Pricerunner.com, and Smarter.com.
• PowerReviews provides customer reviews and customer-driven merchandising solutions to multi-channel retailers to help convert more shoppers, and attract new shoppers to their websites. PowerReviews` unique tag-based approach to reviews empowers shoppers with authentic peer-level input at each step in the shopping process, helping them find, compare and decide on the right product for them. PowerReviews offers its service on a fully-managed basis, with no downtime risk of a traditional ASP and no up-front fees.
Rich media applications and interfaces provide users with a more realistic view of the products they are evaluating, giving them confidence in their selections and increasing conversion rates. In addition, they allow shopper interactions during the buying process to be much more fluid; for example, making cross-sell offers as an inherently natural part of the shopping cart and checkout process, thus increasing order size.
The ATG Commerce Suite provides the underlying content and logic that implements the merchant`s strategy and drives these displays. For example, the ATG catalog and merchandising tools may drive what colors and fabric should be presented, or what cross-sell offer should be made at what moment, personalized to a specific customer.
Examples of rich user experiences deployed on the ATG Commerce platform can be seen at many sites, including www.nau.com, www.teamworkathletic.com and www.restorationhardware.com.
Current rich media/shopping partners include:
• Allurent makes shopping your website easier, more compelling, and fun. Their innovative e-commerce products deliver rich interactions throughout the shopping lifecycle, from browsing to choosing to buying. The result is a superior shopping experience leading to more satisfied customers and greater sales. ATG recently announced the availability of Allurent products as an option with ATG Commerce OnDemand
• LiquidPixels` enables ATG`s customers to easily enhance their ATG-powered merchandising sites with Dynamic Imaging solutions such as Interactive Zoom and Pan, Spin, Mix-and-Match, Personalized Product Photos, Colorization, Fabric and Texture Draping , Individualized Dynamic eMail, Product Configurators, and eCatalogs. Using LiquidPixels` LiquiFire services through ATG OnDemand, customized visual content is created automatically on-the-fly providing powerfully engaging rich media interfaces that result in increased conversions.
• Scene7 provides the industry`s leading on-demand rich media platform and is integrated with more ATG customer implementations than any other. Scene7`s solutions are built on an integrated technology platform for unrivaled breadth, depth, scalability and ease of use. Solutions include Dynamic Imaging (real-time sizing, zoom, 360 degree spin & rotate, colorize, templating), eCatalogs, eVideos, Product Configurators, Targeted email & print, and Image Management.