Unveils new and expanded remote control capabilities for managing global online businesses
MINNEAPOLIS - March 23, 2007 - Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), a global leader in e-commerce outsourcing, today announced a major new release of its DR globalCommerce™ enterprise platform. The release features a multi-lingual, Web-based user interface, called the DR globalCommerce command console, and a significantly enhanced self-service toolset that gives online merchants more remote control over maintaining, merchandising and marketing their e-commerce sites. The enhancements and powerful new functionality are designed to increase user productivity, improve usability and offer localized interfaces for Japanese, German and English users.
“With this new release, we are providing our clients a whole new level of control, flexibility and efficiency as well as, for the first time, localized tools,” said Matt Voda, Digital River’s group vice president of product management. “A more powerful, sophisticated and user-friendly interface and self-service toolset allows clients to update, adjust and test aspects of their sites in real-time to respond to the highly dynamic and global nature of the e-commerce business.”
To help users more effectively manage new e-marketing campaigns, products and catalogs, and maintain international pricing and content, Digital River’s newly updated command console features:
• A completely updated user interface that has been fully localized in English, German and Japanese to support the global expansion and management of online businesses across the EMEA and APAC regions as well as the United States;
• Store Builder, which gives users greater flexibility and more options in creating dynamic site content, such as design and flow of e-commerce sites;
• Quick Search for efficiently locating existing products, offers and orders without having to navigate through search screens; and
• A Merchandising Wizard that provides a quick and easy flow for launching and managing revenue-generating merchandising content and incentives.
In addition to incorporating important new features into the command console, the company also significantly enhanced multiple components, including:
• A convenient Tasks pane that collects all relevant actions in a single place so users can quickly update and change site data;
• An administration module that groups management tools for testing sites, viewing legal agreements and managing users into a single, easy-to-access location; and
• A powerful Product Template tool that greatly simplifies product set-up by displaying only those content attributes relevant to the user’s store.
“We consider the command console to be an important element in driving client satisfaction, operational efficiencies and revenue,” continued Voda. “We intend to continue to gather client feedback to further enhance and expand the usability of this important toolset and help our clients achieve their worldwide e-commerce business goals.”
About Digital River, Inc.
Digital River, Inc., a global leader in e-commerce outsourcing, builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors and online retailers. Its multi-channel e-commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running an e-commerce operation. The company’s comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multi-lingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
Founded in 1994, Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in major U.S. cities as well as Cologne, Germany; London, England; Shannon, Ireland; Luxembourg, Luxembourg; Taipei, Taiwan; and Tokyo, Japan. For more details about Digital River, visit the corporate Web site at www.digitalriver.com or call 952-253-1234.
In addition to the historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the Company’s ability to expand and enhance the command console, as well as statements containing the words, “believes,” “intends,” “expects,” and similar words. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company, or industry results, to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, among others: the Company’s limited operating history and variability of operating results; competition in the electronic commerce market; the ability of the Company to successfully offer the market an expanded self-service tool set and the market acceptance of such offerings; and other risk factors referenced in Digital River’s public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners.