The social network says acquiring Gnip will help companies better understand what consumers and other brands are saying across Twitter.
The Merchant Risk Council elects new board of directors
The Merchant Risk Council, a retail industry trade association for preventing online fraud and promoting secure e-commerce, has named its board of director for 2007.
The Merchant Risk Council, a retail industry trade association for preventing online fraud and promoting secure e-commerce, has named its board of director for 2007. Officers are:
• Tom Sullivan, senior director, e-commerce risk, Expedia, was re-elected as chair
• Susan Grajek, assets protection manager, CompUSA, was re-elected as secretary
• Michael Long, director of fraud solutions, eFunds, was re-elected as treasurer
The remaining directors are:
• Perry Dembner, vice president, marketing, CyberSource
• William Lambson, senior international treasury manager, Adobe
• David Sessions, managing partner, Sterling Consulting International
• Ronda Sifford, loss prevention/finance manager, Costco.com
• Brad Craig, director, security & risk management, Discover Network
• Dave Moriarty, director of data mining, Apple. Moriarty, will speak at Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition, June 4-7 in San Jose, with fellow Risk Council board advisers Timothy Laudenbach and Julie Fergerson in a Workshop session June 4, 3-4:30 p.m. entitled Web Security: Identifying and Avoiding the Scam Artists.
The council also named its board advisors:
• Tim Laudenbach, credit risk manager, Best Buy
• Mark Michelon, director, e-commerce risk and revenue protection, Orbitz Worldwide
• Julie Fergerson, vice president of emerging technologies, Debix Inc. and co-founder of the Merchant Risk Council
• Karl Hebert, director of global commerce group, Microsoft Corp.
• Amy Munk, fraud prevention manager, Hewlett-Packard
• Pete Pouridis, director, loss prevention, Neiman Marcus.