July 26, 2006, 12:00 AM

Q2 revenue at Netflix rises 46% year-over-year

Revenue at Netflix Inc. rose 46% to $239.4 million for the second quarter ended June 30, up from $164 million a year ago, as its number of subscribers grew 62% to 5.2 million, Netflix said this week.

Revenue at Netflix Inc. rose 46% to $239.4 million for the second quarter ended June 30, up from $164 million a year ago, as its number of subscribers grew 62% to 5.2 million, Netflix said this week.

Q2 net income rose 229% to $16.8 million from $5.7 million in the year-ago period, as Gross profit margin rose to 37.1% from 28.2%, the company said.

Netflix said its cost per subscriber acquisition rose to $43.95 per gross subscriber addition, compared to $38.13 a year ago. The company reported 1.07 million gross subscriber additions in Q2, up 51% from 707,000 a year ago; net subscriber additions were 303,000, up 70% from 178,000 a year ago.

Of the 5.17 million subscribers at the end of Q2, 97% were paid subscribers, the same percentage as a year ago. The remaining 3% were subscribers on free promotional subscriptions.

Netflix is No. 21 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide to Retail Web Sites.

comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

From IR Blogs

FPO

Yevgeny Senkevich / E-Commerce

Why you should treat every SKU as its own line of business

Some items perform well in one marketing channel and not in another. Some bring in ...

FPO

Pat Dermody / E-Commerce

Five tips for unlocking the power of a digital retail circular

Digital circulars are a powerful tool to connect with consumers in real time. Here are ...

Advertisement