The marketplace gives consumers access to more than 300 products created using a 3-D printer.
The Merchant Risk Council elected 15 members to its 2006 board of directors at its fourth annual Internet fraud prevention conference earlier this week in Las Vegas.
The Merchant Risk Council elected 15 members to its 2006 board of directors at its fourth annual Internet fraud prevention conference earlier this week in Las Vegas. Julie Fergerson, vice president of eFunds and a speaker at the Internet Retailer 2006 Conference & Exhibition June 5-7 in Chicago on the topic of Taking Security Into Your Own Hands. , and Tom Sullivan, director of e-commerce risk at Expedia, were elected board co-chairs. Officers also included Steve Riddell, risk operations manager at Apple, secretary; and Mike Caputo, vice president and controller at Barnes and Noble, treasurer.
Elected to the board were:
- Greg Andrews, manager of global payment and fraud services, Hewlett Packard;
- Seanna Pitt, vice president of network development, American Express;
- Tracy Brown, director of information security, American Eagle Outfitters;
- Perry Dembner, vice president of marketing, CyberSource;
- Susan Grajek, credit fraud investigator, CompUSA;
- William Lambson, senior international treasury manager, Adobe;
- Tim Laudenbach, credit risk manager, Best Buy;
- Mark Michelon, director of e-commerce risk, Cendant Travel Distribution Services;
- David Sessions, vice president of operations, Experian;
- Ronda Sifford, loss prevention manager, Costco;
- Adrienne Kinney, network security, Discover Financial Services.
The council-a membership organization of 7,500 online retailers, financial institutions, vendors and law-enforcement agencies-promotes secure e-commerce, including developing measures to prevent fraudulent e-payment transactions.