NEW YORK, July 14, 2005 -- Five Internet portals and e-commerce sites, all major players in the European market, have chosen Boonty, pioneer and expert in digital distribution of video games, to design and co-produce their video game offerings.
5 Major European Players Select Boonty
The five new partners include the following:
- Cdiscount: The French e-commerce market leader.
- Multiplayer.it: The first Italian site dedicated to Video Gaming.
- Freeday.com: A general access Portal with one of the highest growth rates in Germany.
- Download.at.de: One of the largest German PC downloading sites.
- Isle Media Netherland: The largest publisher of Dutch Internet content with portals covering 60% of the Dutch population.
Boonty will provide their new partners with a complete, integrated, white-branded gaming commerce solution. They will also benefit from Boonty`s unique experience in the marketing and digital distribution of video games, coupled with a personalized, localized approach. Product advantages include the following:
- Client product identification: from a catalog of over 1500 PC and mobile games.
- Localized games in 7 European Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese.
- Reliable, secure, technological platform: from back office functions (DRM, clearing, payment, CRM, download management) to client interface (download management, organization, sharing, navigation and gaming).
- End-user support available in local languages.
- Expert on-line marketing team whose job is to define and create sales, promotion and client loyalty-building campaigns.
A Rapidly Expanding Market in Europe and Worldwide
The digital distribution market for video games continues to grow rapidly around the world, and should reach $2.4 billion between now and 2007. As has been the case for music and videos, digital distribution is a separate sales channel that contributes to market growth through new client acquisition. ISP`s, Internet portals, e-commerce sites, mobile telephone operators, PC manufacturers, and advertisers see digital video game distribution as the next logical step in the evolution of digital entertainment.
"Our clients count on the quality of the Boonty catalog, the reliability of our technology, and the knowledge we`ve gained over the past 4 years," explains Boonty S.A. Co-Founder and President Mathieu Nouzareth. "We provide our partners with the expertise and innovation necessary to take advantage of the economic and strategic opportunities available in a constantly evolving consumer distribution market."
About Boonty Inc.
Headquartered in New York with offices in Paris, Singapore, Seoul and Tokyo, Boonty is a recognized global leader in the digital distribution games business. Providing a fully customized gaming solution for leading ISPs, portals, computer manufacturers and internet communities, Boonty boasts the largest distribution network worldwide with a total reach of over 300 million unique users and features a try-before-you-buy commerce model. With more than 1,500 games in its catalog, Boonty has secured distribution agreements spanning all major categories - from hardcore/enthusiast to casual games, and includes the leading publishers in the industry. For more information, visit us at http://www.boonty.com.