Business-centric solution quickly pinpoints Web infrastructure bottlenecks by monitoring the performance of real user transactions in real time.
PALO ALTO, California, January 31, 2005- Symphoniq™ Corporation, a new company created by the founders of NetIQ to harness the real user experience to manage Web application performance, today announced TrueView™ Web Diagnostics for managing the end-to-end performance and availability of e-commerce and enterprise Web applications.
“TrueView Web Diagnostics improves IT productivity by finding and fixing the real performance bottlenecks based on monitoring the real user experience. It also aligns IT activity with business processes and improves the communication between the many groups involved in developing and managing Web sites,” said Hon Wong, Symphoniq’s CEO.
Find and Fix the Real Problem
Existing monitoring tools only detect 26% of performance problems, according to Forrester analyst Jean-Pierre Garbani. IT learns about the other 74% only after end users complain to the service desk.
Unlike synthetic monitoring solutions, TrueView Web Diagnostics monitors every URL, including dynamically generated pages. It offers real-time diagnostics and reports that trace problems back to specific users, web pages, servers and machines, allowing IT to pinpoint and resolve problems more quickly and efficiently.
“TrueView helps us spot problems we weren’t expecting,” said Ken Dragos, IT Director, Web and Document Systems, for IKON Office Solutions. “With TrueView, it’s easy to monitor all of our Web pages. We don’t need to build a list of specific pages to sample for performance. Having a complete picture across our entire Web application allows us to quickly discover and resolve issues that might otherwise go undetected.”
In addition to troubleshooting specific events, TrueView Web Diagnostics also helps IT continually monitor and proactively improve the end-user experience by finding the bottlenecks in the Web application infrastructure, such as Web pages or servers that exhibit consistently poor performance.
Align IT with Business Priorities
The complexity of composite Web applications makes collaboration between the line-of-business, e-business managers, Web development, and IT operations a critical challenge. TrueView Web Diagnostics simplifies this complexity by relating performance data to business processes. This business-centric view of performance lets organizations align IT activities with business priorities.
Key Product Features
TrueView Web Diagnostics was architected from the ground up for scalability and efficiency. Its low overhead enables real-time monitoring and analysis of all real user transactions.
The key features of TrueView Web Diagnostics include:
• Business Groups: Business Groups represent specific business processes, activities, or user categories. These Business Groups are easy to define and manage because they are independent of server and machine configuration. For example, an online retailer might define a Business group for specific product categories like electronics or DVDs.
• TRUE -The Real User Experience: Rather than depending on synthetic monitoring from a limited number of reference sites, Symphoniq’s patent pending TRUE technology efficiently monitors all real user transactions all the time.
• Actionable Data: TrueView Web Diagnostics lets IT set customized thresholds and alerts, down to the level of individual pages and servers, and drill down to specific and actionable data including user response time, IP address, network latency, infrastructure response time, and the specific servers and machines involved.
• Client and Server Correlation: TrueView Web Diagnostics correlates client- and server-side performance data to provide a complete picture of the real user experience, including page aborts and page rendering problems that are invisible to purely server-side solutions.
• Transparent to End-users: TrueView’s monitoring is fully user-transparent; the end-user is never required to download plug-ins or Java applets. TrueView Web Diagnostics does not require any manual changes to HTML code.
Pricing and Availability
TrueView Web Diagnostics is available immediately as a download from the Symphoniq Web site (http://www.symphoniq.com). It works out-of-the-box without scripting or customization and can start delivering value in less than a day. Licenses start at less than $10,000.
About Symphoniq Corporation
Symphoniq Corporation lets organizations harness the real user experience to manage Web application performance. The founders of the company have innovated and built enterprise-grade systems management software as the founders of EcoSystems and NetIQ (NASDAQ: NTIQ). Its product suite, Symphoniq TrueView Web Management, provides a business-centric perspective on Web application performance. It efficiently measures the real user experience-real users performing real transactions-and reports in real-time why and where in the infrastructure any problems are occurring. Leading companies such as IKON Office Solutions® and Citrix Systems® use TrueView to fix problems faster, reduce helpdesk costs, and improve customer satisfaction. The company is funded by InterWest Partners and Greylock among others.
Symphoniq, The Real User Experience and TrueView are trademarks of Symphoniq Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies.