Enables marketers to exploit the Web, e-mail, contact center, and direct mail to target customer segments, personas, and individuals based on previous interactions
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., January 26, 2005 - ATG (Art Technology Group, Inc., NASDAQ: ARTG) the software provider behind the most consistent and relevant marketing, commerce, and service experiences, today introduced ATG Marketing; a new solution that gives marketers the power to deliver the right message to the right people through the right channel at the right time, and to immediately measure effectiveness.
ATG Marketing builds upon ATG`s proven customer process flow, interaction management, content/proposition targeting, profile tracking, and segmentation capabilities to build a rich understanding of customers through their interactions, preferences, and behaviors. Marketers can use this activity and history to create more personally relevant and compelling offers, fully integrated across multiple channels, including the Web, e-mail, and contact centers. Further, marketers can easily integrate these electronic campaigns with physical direct marketing campaigns.
"Marketers that employ personalization in their e-mail marketing efforts are 40 percent more likely to have average unique conversion rates of more than three percent, compared with those that do not," said David Daniels, senior analyst, Jupiter Research. "Further, marketers using segmentation are nearly twice as likely to attain conversion rates of more than three percent, compared with marketers not using segmentation."
Unlike other e-marketing platforms that are overly dependent on complicated analytical approaches, and often require custom-made data warehouses in order to work, ATG Marketing is based on a working and operational view of the customer, and drives campaigns that are planned by the business or are automatically triggered by a customer`s action or change in circumstance. Marketers may define their market segments and personas using any technique they choose, as broadly as they choose or as fine-grained as individual targeting.
Then, using an interface designed for them, rather than for programmers, they create business rules that define the specific content (text, offers, images, navigation, etc.) each of these segments is to receive, for example "present people who do not have a mortgage with us a special refinancing offer when they have viewed the mortgage rates page 3 times without completing an application."
Further, as organizations mature in their use of e-marketing, individual, disconnected marketing campaigns are no longer effective on their own. Campaigns need to be choreographed across the Web, e-mail and other channels to be effective and successful. While traditional tools have restricted an e-marketer`s campaigns to loosely connected individual channels, ATG Marketing brings together a set of business-oriented tools that give marketers control over both e-mail and Web activities together -- from the initial opt-in all the way to the completion of a transaction.
"Attempts have been made in the past by many vendors to track Web interactions within the scope of e-marketing campaigns," says Cliff Conneighton, Senior Vice President of Marketing for ATG. "The problem has been that these vendors require difficult and time-consuming page-level development in order to deploy the most simplistic campaigns, leading to frustration among marketing staff. ATG Marketing gives marketing staff the control they need to create powerful, cross-channel campaigns, without additional IT involvement."
ATG Marketing offers the following capabilities:
- Robust customer process flow capabilities enable marketers to define multi-stage, multi-channel campaigns. For example, marketers can create scenarios such as "when prospect registers on Web site, send e-mail, then wait one week, and if they haven`t responded, send a physical letter, wait another week, and if they still haven`t responded, have agent call."
- Sophisticated customer segmentation capabilities drawing from real-world preferences and behaviors exhibited by each customer. The emergence of "behavioral marketing" promises better targeting and measurable ROI on each campaign.
- Event-driven marketing and pro-active service features not only make responding to customer Web interactions easy, but also helps turn customer service events into up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- e-Mail campaigns, from a few e-mails per month to millions, whether to customers with well-known profiles and history or to imported lists of "opt-ins."
- A/B split testing, to help marketers take the guess work out of what offers and navigation work and what doesn`t work on their Web sites, and determine which design choices have the most significant positive results on customers` online behavior.
- Optional inbound e-mail response management, rated #1 in the industry by Gartner.
- Fully integrated with ATG Commerce, used by more top etailers than any other e-commerce software package.
- Fully integrated with ATG Adaptive Customer Assistance, the self-service software that delivers personalized, relevant answers.
ATG Marketing is already being deployed by companies as diverse as France Telecom, one of the world`s leading telecommunications carriers, with over 118 million customers on the five continents, and LaPetite Academy, one of the largest early childhood education companies in the U.S. It is available immediately as traditional licensed software, or as a managed service.