New Agreements Show Strong Momentum for WebSideStory`s Integrated Partner Strategy and Suite of APIs
SAN DIEGO, CA (Jan. 19, 2005) -- WebSideStory (Nasdaq: WSSI), a leading provider of on-demand Web analytics, today announced that it added seven partners to its HBX Stream program, reflecting strong momentum for the company`s integrated partner platform and suite of APIs (application programming interfaces). The new HBX Stream partners bring the total number to 14. They are:
* E-mail service providers Connnectus Direct (www.connectusdirect.com) and EmailLabs (www.emaillabs.com)
* Demandware (www.demandware.com), an e-commerce platform
* Kefta (www.kefta.com), a provider of site and marketing optimization tools
* N-Space Technology (www.n-spacetechnology.com), a behavioral targeting firm
* Poindexter Systems (www.poindextersystems.com), a provider of ad-serving, optimization and behavioral targeting solutions
* Reprise Media (www.reprisemedia.com), a search engine marketing firm
HBX Stream (www.websidestory.com/stream) APIs will enable digital marketing solution providers to integrate their products, services and data with WebSideStory`s real-time analytics reporting. The program will deliver joint customers with more actionable visitor intelligence and improves convenience by allowing them to work with fewer marketing applications.
"By partnering with WebSideStory, we can better understand consumer behavior online and help advertisers eliminate wasteful spending and improve results," said Ted Shergalis, chief product officer of Poindexter Systems, a provider of next-generation ad-serving, optimization and behavioral targeting solutions. "The combination of our two product suites will provide customers with a much greater return on their online ad dollars."
The HBX Stream program delivers APIs that benefit a wide range of interactive marketing vendors, from e-mail and search firms to content management and CRM providers. WebSideStory`s API suite is based on technology standards, such as SOAP and XML. They will include:
* Web Analytics Reporting API Allows partners to integrate specific analytic reports, such as campaign and conversion data, directly into their own applications. For example, content management providers could deliver key content usage metrics within their own interface, increasing the value and convenience of their solution for customers.
* Web Visitor Profile API Gives partners the ability to integrate information about site behavior or e-commerce activity into their online marketing campaigns. This helps them create more targeted campaigns for better response rates. Partners can also use this API to create personalized services for their end users.
* Campaign Creation API With this API, partners can automatically set up campaign tracking in the HBX service through their own applications. For example, e-mail service providers can insert campaign set-up information directly into the HBX service when the e-mail content is created, without using the HBX interface. This enables joint customers to create and execute campaigns faster and more efficiently.
"Reprise Media has integrated a wide range of technologies into our search marketing offering," said Prashant Desai, director of product development for Reprise Media, a search engine marketing firm. "We are continually impressed by WebSideStory`s thought leadership in the Web analytics sector. The flexibility and comprehensiveness of their API program will make it incredibly easy for us to add their services to our search engine marketing platform."
"HBX Stream creates an eco-system around our analytics technology and is an important step in helping enterprises get their digital marketing applications to work together," said Jay McCarthy, vice president of business development for WebSideStory. "We are pleased to add such high-caliber firms to our program and expect our joint clients to benefit immensely."
Existing HBX Stream partners are Atomz (www.atomz.com), a hosted site search and content management firm, and e-mail providers Responsys (www.responsys.com), Blue Hornet (www.bluehornet.com), @Once (www.once.com), Postfuture (www.postfuture.com) and VerticalResponse, Inc. (www.verticalresponse.com). This spring, HBX Stream partners will get the opportunity to exhibit at WebSideStory`s bi-annual user forum, called ActiveInsights, scheduled for April 28-29, 2005, in Santa Monica, Ca. For more information on the HBX Stream program, visit http://www.websidestory.com/stream or call 858-546-0040 (x366).
HBX is an award-winning, on-demand analysis and reporting service that delivers real-time information about online visitor and customer behavior. More than 700 enterprises use HBX to improve the performance of their online business initiatives in e-commerce, entertainment, publishing, financial services, travel and more. For more information, please visit http://www.hbxondemand.com.
Statements in this press release that are not a description of historical facts are forward-looking statements. You should not regard any forward-looking statement as a representation by WebSideStory that any of its plans will be achieved. Actual results may differ materially from those set forth in this release due to the risks and uncertainties inherent in WebSideStory`s business including, without limitation: WebSideStory`s limited experience in an emerging market with unproven business and technology models; WebSideStory`s reliance on its Web analytics services for the majority of its revenue; WebSideStory`s recent achievement of profitability and the risk that it may not maintain its profitability; the highly competitive markets in which WebSideStory operates that may make it difficult for the company to retain customers; the risk that WebSideStory`s customers fail to renew their agreements; the risk that WebSideStory`s services may become obsolete in a market with rapidly changing technology and industry standards; and other risks described in WebSideStory`s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including WebSideStory`s prospectus dated September 27, 2004. Do not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this news release. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement and WebSideStory undertakes no obligation to revise or update this news release to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this news release.
WebSideStory is a leading provider of on-demand Web analytics services. WebSideStory`s services collect data from Web browsers, process that data and deliver reports of online behavior to our customers on demand. More than 700 enterprises currently use WebSideStory`s services to understand how Internet users respond to Web site design and content, online marketing campaigns and e-commerce offerings. As a result, WebSideStory`s customers can make more effective marketing decisions and improve the merchandising, sales, support and design of their Web sites. For more information, contact WebSideStory, Inc. Voice: 858.546.0040. Fax: 858.546.0480. Address: 10182 Telesis Court, 6th Floor, San Diego, CA 92121. E-mail: email@example.com. Web site: www.WebSideStory.com. HBX is a trademark and WebSideStory is a registered trademark of WebSideStory. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.