New Verity® Enterprise Web Search Software Enables Enterprise Users to Access Internal and Web Content with a Single Query
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – 2004-12-16 – Verity Inc., (NASDAQ: VRTY), the leading provider of enterprise software that enables organizations to maximize the return on their intellectual capital investment, today announced a partnership with Yahoo! Inc., a leading global Internet company.
The first visible product out of this partnership, Verity Enterprise Web Search, is a unique application available at no cost to Verity`s enterprise customers that can - with a single query - simultaneously search the high-value information in internal repositories as well as all of the relevant Web content indexed by Yahoo! Search. The product allows enterprise customers to easily and affordably extend the reach of their existing Verity® K2 Enterprise and Verity® Ultraseek®-powered search applications to the Internet and significantly reduces the time employees spend finding information. Highlights of the product include:
• Search results from internal content repositories and the Web are merged and ranked for relevance, eliminating the need to submit multiple queries to internal sources and public search engines, then manually assimilating results to put the information into perspective;
• Search results can be examined in multiple views by relevance, category, or by content source for more effective searching;
• Web-based content can optionally be dynamically classified into existing corporate taxonomies; and,
• Customers can expand external content access with optional plug-ins to subscription-based information providers.
“Verity, as the recognized leader in intellectual capital management, understands Web content can often be a useful and valuable resource to an organization, in addition to the enterprise content stored behind the firewall in multiple file formats and repositories,” said Anthony J. Bettencourt, Verity`s president and chief executive officer. “Our partnership with Yahoo! enables us to offer a unique, industry-first integration of the best of enterprise search and the best of the Web to our global enterprise customers. Verity Enterprise Web Search allows end-users to make one query from their desktops and view results from both internal sources and Yahoo!-Search, maximizing users` ability to quickly leverage all of the available intellectual capital.”
Verity Enterprise Web Search, through Yahoo! Search, provides valuable Web content, including:
• Critical intelligence from industry analysts, media, consumer group portals, and competitors` public-facing websites;
• The most up-to-date and relevant market, economic, environmental, procurement and scientific research from leading content providers across academia, government and business; and,
• The clearest insight and analysis on regulations that affect an organization from government agency Web sites and other regulatory information portals across the Web.
"Search technology continues to evolve, providing users with even more powerful research tools, and as content across the Web becomes richer, we anticipate that the demand for integrated business search solutions will continue to grow," said Tim Cadogan, vice president of Yahoo! Search. "We are pleased to be working with Verity to integrate our proprietary search technology with their enterprise products to create a seamless search experience to satisfy the research needs of people at work.”
Verity Enterprise Web Search is designed to ensure enterprise-class security. Verity K2 Enterprise and Verity Ultraseek support advanced security models for internal information sources, ensuring end-users can only view information they are authorized to access.
Verity Enterprise Web Search is available to existing Verity K2 and Ultraseek customers at no additional cost. The product can be downloaded and installed in a matter of minutes from www.verity.com/dlc, so customers can quickly begin to realize the benefits of integrated enterprise and Web search.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Verity provides software that enables organizations to maximize the return on their intellectual capital investment. The company`s intellectual capital management (ICM) solutions provide integrated search, classification, recommendation, monitoring and analytics across the real-time flow of enterprise information, along with question and answer interfaces for effective online self-service. Other Verity ICM solutions capture content and drive automated business processes. Verity technology also serves as a core component of more than 260 applications from leading independent software vendors.
Verity software solutions are used by more than 11,500 customers in the private and public sectors. Customers include American Express, AT&T;, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Cardinal Health, Cisco Systems, EMC Documentum, Dow Jones, Financial Times, Hewlett-Packard, Lotus, Kaiser Permanente, META Group, SAP, Siemens, the State of California, Stellent, Sybase, and the U.S. Departments of Energy and Justice.
For more information, contact Verity at email@example.com or at World Wide Web site http://www.verity.com or call 408-541-1500.
Verity and the Verity logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Verity, Inc.
Verity Media Contacts:
Derek van Bronkhorst
(646) 495-5401 or (914) 393-9219