UNIQUE PACKAGE LEVERAGES CONTEXTUAL TARGETING AND SEARCH IN ONE BUY
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. -- May 24, 2004 -- ValueClick Media, the online advertising and direct marketing division of ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq:VCLK), today announced the launch of ChannelSearch, an innovative package that enables advertisers to leverage the power of both contextually-targeted ads and search in one performance-based buy.
ChannelSearch simplifies the online media buying and management process, while providing advertisers with access to two of the most powerful online marketing channels. Based on a flat-rate cost-per-click (CPC) pricing structure, ChannelSearch delivers targeted visitors through a combination of distribution methods, including:
* Standard Graphical Ads - Strategic placement of web-based display ad units across the most contextually-relevant of 17 targeted content channels on the ValueClick Media network, which reaches 66 million unique users in the U.S. and 120 million worldwide.
* Keyword Listings - Premium placement of text listings based on 17 predefined categories of keywords within ValueClick`s Search123 pay-per-click search network.
* SimpliContent Ads - SimpliContent is a new rich media ad unit that combines standard graphical ads with search listings, by dynamically displaying a marketer`s text listing, logo and product image within banner ads appearing on contextually-relevant content sites throughout the ValueClick Media network.
The SimpliContent ad unit dynamically pulls an advertiser`s Search123 listing into a category-based banner ad, and targets the ad across contextually-relevant sites. The rich media ad also includes the option to display the advertiser`s logo and one additional product image.
"ChannelSearch delivers highly targeted visitors by blending two of the most powerful forms of online direct marketing -- search and contextual ad placement," said David Yovanno, general manager, ValueClick Media. "ChannelSearch allows our clients to benefit further from our core competencies in search and contextual advertising through a simple, unique package, and builds upon ValueClick`s reputation as an innovator in performance-based online marketing."
Experience a hands-on demonstration of ChannelSearch and other ValueClick solutions in Booth #309 at the AD:TECH San Francisco 2004 conference, May 24-26 at the Palace Hotel. For more information about ChannelSearch, please visit http://media.valueclick.com/channelsearch. For more information on AD:TECH, please visit www.ad-tech.com.
ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq:VCLK) is the single-source provider of media, technology and related services that enable advertisers, agencies and publishers to reach consumers in all major online marketing channels, through our three business units:
* ValueClick Media (http://media.valueclick.com) provides a wide range of online marketing solutions - including Web Marketing, Email Marketing, Lead Generation Marketing, and Search Marketing - to create awareness, build brands, deliver targeted visitors, generate leads, drive sales, and grow customer relationships.
* Commission Junction (www.cj.com) provides advanced performance marketing solutions that help marketers increase online leads and sales. By facilitating strategic relationships between advertisers and publishers, Commission Junction leverages its proven expertise in affiliate marketing, optimized advertising and search marketing to drive measurable results for its clients.
* Mediaplex (www.mediaplex.com) provides technology and services that help advertisers, agencies and Web site publishers manage their online advertising and permission-based email campaigns. In addition, the AdWare subsidiary (www.adware.com) provides software and services that help advertising agencies and other companies operate their businesses more efficiently, through effective agency management, media management, and content management. For more information, please visit www.valueclick.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, trends in online advertising spending and estimates of future online performance-based advertising. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are detailed under "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission made from time to time by ValueClick, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 15, 2004, recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K. Other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the risk that market demand for online advertising, and performance-based online advertising in particular, will not grow as rapidly as predicted. ValueClick undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Gary J. Fuges, CFA