Signs 100 New Customers in 100 Days; Simplifies Implementation with New Data Sync Tele-Consulting Service
CHICAGO, Il. 05/19/2004 Global eXchange Services, a leading provider of B2B integration solutions, today announced increasing momentum in the adoption of its Global Data Synchronization (GDS) solutions since it completed the acquisition of HAHT Commerce earlier this year. In addition, Global eXchange Services announced continued investments in its GDS solutions, such as incorporating support for emerging global standards and simplifying implementation processes for new customers.
According to a recent Gartner report [GXS Acquires HAHT and Strengthens Its Retail Capabilities, dated April 1, 2004 and authored by Andrew White, Frank Kenney and Benoit Lheureux]: "Global data synchronization (GDS) has become important to retailers and suppliers, especially in response to mandates from such retailers as Wal-Mart and Home Depot that their partners synchronize data with the retailers` extranets via the Global Register, which is part of UCCnet."
Key Global eXchange Services Milestones over last 100 days
• Global eXchange Services has signed over 100 new customers in the past 100 days to its already strong data synchronization customer list.
• To simplify and speed GDS customer implementations, Global eXchange Services launched a Data Sync Tele-Consulting Service, a new service offering designed to help small and mid-sized (SMB) suppliers develop and implement cost-effective data synchronization strategies
• In the United States, UCCnet recognized Global eXchange Services as one of its Top Performing Solutions Providers
• Global eXchange Services, one of the founding members of the EAN.UCC Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN), joined a pilot program managed by the Global Standards Management Process. As a pilot member, GXS has committed to achieving compliance with a common Global Registry by July 2004.
• The Company has earned certification on the UCC Solution Partner Program UCCnet™ Synchronization Suite 2.2.1 and UCCnet™ Consultant certification.
• Global eXchange Services was selected to develop the United Kingdom’s first supply chain standards-compliant data pool to drive global data synchronization. Owned and operated by UK-based supply chain standards association e.centre, the data pool will provide a mechanism for international trading partners, particularly in the retail industry, to share and synchronize product data for greater efficiencies and increased profitability across global supply chains.
“Adding more than 100 new companies in 100 days to our already strong customer roster, which includes JC Penney, Target and Kohls, is validation of our deep domain expertise in the retail industry,” said Bobby Patrick, senior vice president of marketing. “New customers include organizations like Thermos, National Gypsum Company, AW Sperry, Dixie Green, Homestead Fabrics Ltd., Swanson Tools, Larson Manufacturing of South Dakota, Cryntel Enterprises and Beef and Blooms. We plan to increase momentum in our customer base by extending the range of data synchronization solutions available to retailers and suppliers of all sizes.”
Beef and Blooms, a supplier of bedding plants to one of the largest hardlines companies in the world, was required to implement a process to synchronize their product data in a short timeframe. As retailers increasingly adopt data synchronization projects, suppliers – particularly small and mid-sized ones – are tasked with cost-effectively developing and implementing their own data synchronization strategies in order to keep up with the industry. For plant suppliers in particular, data synchronization is an ongoing challenge due to a constantly growing inventory. As an SMB with limited technical resources, Beef and Blooms began the search for a data synchronization solution partner who could provide a comprehensive and affordable solution.
“As a small business serving large retailers, we wanted to partner with a solution provider with many years of experience serving both retailers and suppliers,” said Anne Marie Jacintho, co-founder, Beef and Blooms. “Given their depth of experience, Global eXchange Services was an easy choice to make. In addition, Global eXchange Services Data Sync Tele-Consulting for Suppliers Service gave us affordable access to industry experts who helped us plan our implementation strategy quickly and easily.”
As additional validation of Global eXchange Services’ leadership in the data synchronization community, UCCnet, a not-for-profit organization that provides item registry and synchronization services, has recognized Global eXchange Services as one of its Top Performing Solution Partners. Representing over 70% of UCCnet service implementations, these partners provide best-in-class knowledge, resources and tools to implement UCCnet services quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
In a separate announcement made yesterday, Global eXchange Services announced that Thermos, the manufacturer whose name is synonymous with lunch boxes, beverage containers and coolers, will deploy Global eXchange Services Enterprise System™, a powerful B2B integration solution, and Application Integrator™, a scalable mapping and translation tool for electronic data interchange (EDI). Coupled with Quick Connect™ for item data synchronization, Global eXchange Services gives Thermos a robust platform to support its strategic real-time B2B collaboration objectives.
“Global eXchange Services will help Thermos drive best-in-class data synchronization, data exchange and EDI, as well as UCCnet™ standards compliance with our trading partners,” said Dr. Alex Huang, chief financial officer of Thermos. “We chose the company as one of our key e-business partners because of its ability to provide us with a complete end-to-end solution that integrates our internal applications, while helping us conduct more efficient business transactions and targeted marketing programs. By continuing to optimize our customer satisfaction and order processing efficiency, we’ll continue to develop even deeper relationships within our retailer community.”
About Global eXchange Services
Global eXchange Services, Inc (GXS) operates one of the largest B2B e-commerce networks in the world, managing 1 billion transactions annually for more than 100,000 trading partners. With more than 35 years experience, GXS provides supply chain services and software to 60% of Fortune 500 companies. GXS is headquartered in Gaithersburg, MD and is a subsidiary of GXS Corporation. Call (800) 560-4347 or visit our Web site at www.gxs.com.