User-Administrable Clickable Catalogs Offer Feature-Rich Environment, Provide a Seamless Multichannel Shopping Experience, Cut Production Time and Expense
Chicago, IL -- May 3, 2004 -- Today at the 21st Annual Catalog Conference, Multimedia Live (MML) (http://www.mmlive.com), the leading developer of e-commerce technology and services for Intelligent Selling(tm) on the Web, announced its new Intelligent Cataloging(tm) product, a new online catalog tool that is 100% administrable by the online merchant`s staff. Competing virtual catalog technologies require administration services from the technology provider, so users of Intelligent Cataloging can reduce administrative costs by approximately two thirds and get their catalogs online faster. Intelligent Cataloging puts digital versions of print catalogs online and links each product to its respective product page. Intelligent Cataloging offers important merchandising features such as a user-friendly interface, image zoom, and product name pop-ups that appear upon mouse rollover.
Intelligent Cataloging uses technology from imaging technology provider Scene7(r), the leading provider of dynamic visual media software. The application was designed to increase sales among those customer groups who relate best to the print catalog format. Intelligent Cataloging offers a simple, step-by-step process to load your print catalog, publish it to your website, and guide you through the publishing process with visual instructions at each step. The feature-rich customer interface includes:
* Page spreads: Catalogs are visually presented two pages at a time, as if the catalog were laying open in front of the shopper.
* Five easy navigation methods: Customers can turn from one page to another using page thumbnails, "next" and "back" buttons, two different page number arrays, and a slider bar.
* "Smooth turn" pages: An easy-on-the-eye animation provides an intuitive visual clue to the shopper that the page has turned.
* Free-form zoom: Customers can zoom the catalog page to view product details. Image resolution automatically adjusts to provide maximum clarity.
* Pan: Customers can click and drag a zoomed page back and forth.
* Sticky notes: Customers can mark specific pages or write virtual sticky notes anywhere in the catalog, and save them for future viewing.
* Rollover product descriptions: A small text box with a brief product description appears upon mouse rollover. The merchant determines the box contents.
* Rollover product outlining: When the shopper rolls over a linked item, the product`s outline becomes visible to clearly indicate which product is linked.
Online merchants can post as many catalogs as they like. The front covers of all posted catalogs appear on a catalog gateway page, making catalog selection easy for your customers and serving as a landing page in conjunction with email campaigns. A built-in analytics and reporting tool allows tracking of Intelligent Cataloging sales, traffic, sessions, and other key metrics.
Intelligent Cataloging is fully integrated into Multimedia Live`s MarketLive(tm) e-commerce application so the website and online catalog use the same order process, shopping cart, data paths, Web servers, and other resources. Taking advantage of existing MarketLive systems and e-commerce assets cuts development time and contributes to seamless operation. No plug-ins or other special applications are required.
"Fifty percent or more of your customers are likely to browse your site with a catalog in hand," said Ken Burke, Multimedia Live President and CEO. "Intelligent Cataloging lets you serve these customers better, leading to higher confidence and increased sales. The cataloger is in complete control of posting and editing their online catalogs, creating a significant savings in processing time and expenses."
About Multimedia Live:
Multimedia Live (www.mmlive.com), a pioneer of Intelligent Selling(tm) online, is a nationally recognized Web technology and design company serving the catalog, direct marketing, retail, and manufacturing industries. MarketLive(tm) is Multimedia Live`s enterprise-class, Java(tm)-based, rapid e-commerce application built specifically to address the need for a powerful, effective online e-commerce merchandising engine. The company has over 120 employees working with clients as diverse as General Motors, National Geographic, Electronic Arts, Norm Thompson, and The Swiss Colony. It was founded in 1995 by entrepreneur Ken Burke and is located in Petaluma, California. Burke is the author of the recently-published book Intelligent Selling: The Art and Science of Selling Online.