Software suite provides world-class e-commerce for users of the IBM iSeries
PLANO, Texas –– May 3, 2004 –– PFSweb, Inc. (Nasdaq: PFSW), a global provider of integrated business process solutions, today introduced GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ 2.0.
Designed specifically for the IBM® iSeries platform, GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ is a full-featured software suite that provides iSeries users a comprehensive solution to enable world class e-commerce for their company’s Web site while seamlessly and easily connecting that site with its back office iSeries applications.
GlobalMerchant CommerceWare’s™ integration capabilities and patent-pending design allows companies with an online channel to easily include robust and real-time features such as inventory availability, integrated order processing linked to the order check out, access to back office pricing processes, sales tax calculation and credit card authorization in their e-commerce application. By leveraging the market-leading Microsoft®.Net Web architecture with the transaction processing power of the iSeries platform, GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ gives online businesses the best of both worlds.
“GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ speaks the native language of the traditional iSeries RPG and COBOL developer, and gives companies the ability to quickly establish an e-commerce presence that is cost-effective and easy to implement using existing staff,” said Michael Willoughby, chief information officer at PFSweb. “The software’s flexibility helps companies easily modify their e-commerce solution to address the ever-evolving thirst for functionality and information that businesses and consumers continue to demand.”
GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ has a long and successful history and its development roots date back to the genesis of e-commerce in the mid-1990s. PFSweb has utilized GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ since 1997 as the heartbeat of its many e-commerce client solutions. PFSweb is now making publicly available the most recent version release of GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ 2.0.
“We’ve developed and deployed advanced e-commerce software solutions for many clients for many years” said Mark Layton, president and chief executive officer of PFSweb. “Our web technology developers, we believe, are among the best in world and have earned us the reputation as a leading e-commerce solutions provider. The announcement of GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ 2.0 includes significant advancements in feature capability and cost performance. This latest release can be implemented in less time than competing products and at a fraction of the cost.”
Layton added, “Our announcement to make GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ more broadly available is an important step in the evolution of the PFSweb Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services offering and we believe will be an exciting source for future revenue growth.”
“GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ has taken our e-commerce initiatives to the next level by providing the kind of B2C features expected by our savvy, contemporary online customers,” said James Connell, manager of new media and e-commerce at Roots Canada, a Toronto-based apparel manufacturer and retailer. “The quick and easy addition of the advanced online order process for our customized product lines helped us pioneer a revolutionary fashion concept and capitalize on new market potential.”
GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ currently powers many of PFSweb’s clients’ e-commerce sites and enables them to meet a variety of their e-commerce needs. Roots Canada (www.roots.com), Hewlett-Packard, iGo/Mobility Electronics (www.igo.com), ShellHomeGenie.com (Shell Energy Services Corp.), Pfizer Inc. (www.rogainedirect.com), and Smithsonian Business Ventures (www.smithsonianstore.com), are among the numerous companies utilizing GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™.
GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ features include:
• Commerce Engine – Seamlessly combines Microsoft®.Net Web environment with the iSeries, the premier mid-range back office platform. Supports a wide range of B2C and B2B features that enable the development of a real-time integrated Web application that will enhance the customer experience and increase customer acquisition and retention.
• iS Connector – Allows smooth, seamless integration between a company’s interactive Web site and its existing iSeries applications using traditional iSeries RPG and COBOL development skills.
• Merchant Services Connector – Simplifies integration of online payment services and supports plug-n-play implementation of CyberSource, a secure and reliable service provider for online payment processing. Companies can offer their customers a range of payment options, from major national and international credit cards to PayPal online payment.
• Reporting and Analytics – Integrates GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ with NetIQ Corp.’s WebTrends Web Analytics solutions for up-to-the-minute analysis of Web site usage patterns and traffic flow, giving companies accurate and actionable insight for smarter business decisions.
• Developer Resources – Contains a robust set of developer workbenches that provide the Web page developers and the iSeries programmers with easy-to-use tools for integration and testing an integrated Web application.
• Information Content Management – Includes an easy-to-use Business Workbench that allows non-technical businesspeople efficiently manage the e-commerce elements of a dynamic online strategy, including product information, user profiles and groups, catalogs, campaigns and price offers, among others.
• Starter Templates – Contains e-commerce Web site templates that companies can customize to fit their needs and quickly obtain an online presence.
For more information or to schedule a demonstration of the GlobalMerchant CommerceWare™ 2.0, contact Richard Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-330.5504 ext.3090.
About PFSweb, Inc.
PFSweb deploys comprehensive outsourcing solutions to provide proven, fast and secure business infrastructure to enable traditional and e-commerce strategies. The PFSweb team of experts designs diverse solutions for clients around a flexible core business infrastructure. PFSweb solutions include: professional consulting services, e-marketplace logistics, order management, web-enabled customer contact centers, customer relationship management, international distribution and fulfillment services, reverse logistics, billing and collection services, kitting and assembly services and ERP information interfacing utilizing its Entente SuiteSM.
To find out more about PFSweb, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFSW), visit our website at www.pfsweb.com.