Latest Store and Integration Solutions Reinforce Lawson’s Ability to Execute Net Profitability Improvements
CHICAGO, IL June 10, 2003 – Lawson Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: LWSN) today announced the addition of Retail Comp Store Metrics Data Mart and Store Operations to its comprehensive suite of applications. The latest additions are in response to retail executives’ struggles to better manage store level profitability and are specifically designed to address the special mission critical needs of the retail industry. In the same announcement, Lawson unveiled Enterprise Integration, a new, open interface integration application, using XML APIs that will allow Lawson customers to communicate in near real time between retail operations and other enterprise applications. The announcement was made today at the Retail Systems 2003 Conference and Exposition in Chicago.
“Faced with intense competition and tough economic times, retailers need consistent, accurate analysis of key metrics to enable faster, more confident business decisions,” said Carol Mackenzie, retail market director, Lawson Software. “Retail Comp Store Metrics and Store Operations go to the heart of understanding the financial and operational health of a retail enterprise with automated ordering, forecasting, inventory control, and analysis of vital information to improve net profitability and increase revenues. Additionally, Lawson Enterprise Integration compliments our offerings by providing access to critical information from disparate systems enabling retailers to save money and reduce costs.”
Retail Comp Store Metrics and Store Operations further expand Lawson’s Retail solution that encompasses store operations, supply chain, merchandising, human resources, marketing, financials, analytics and distribution.
Lawson Store Operations supports the managers and employees through automated forecasting, advanced replenishment, inventory control and analysis. An integral part of Lawson Retail Operations, this solution enables accurate inventory visibility to anticipate rather than react to fluctuations in inventory levels on the store shelf.
Lawson Comp Store Metrics Data Mart has mission-critical Retail functionality and logic built into the analytic engine with world-class business intelligence that automates the comp store reporting and analysis process. This is an industry leading approach to the long-standing pain around comp store reporting based upon flexible attributes instead of the rigid algorithms of competitive products.
Lawson`s advanced retail analytics is helping improve store profitability at La Madeleine, a 62-unit chain of French-themed bakery/café/bistros from Washington D.C. to Phoenix. “We are very impressed with the power and flexibility of Lawson`s integrated Analytics,” said Bill Schaffler, La Madeleine`s senior director of Finance. “With these solutions, we are easily able to manage multiple budgets and forecasts from a central OLAP database. The restaurant business is always changing and thus we need accurate and timely information delivered to operations, allowing them to take action quickly.”
The addition of Lawson`s Comp Metrics functionality, together with interactive web access through Lawson`s Scorecard product gives La Madeleine a completely integrated solution to manage our store level profitability. Lawson has proven to be knowledgeable about the retail business and a trusted partner to help lay the foundation for La Madeleine`s next phase of growth.”
Lawson Store Operations
Lawson Store Operations enables retail organizations to increase net profitability and workforce productivity by:
• Forecasting demand to consistently fulfill the needs of customers
• Maintaining highly accurate inventory counts through an exception-based algorithm
• Speeding the ordering process by enabling retailers to efficiently review and approve orders on an exception basis
Lawson Retail Comp Store Metrics Data Mart
Lawson Retail Comp Store Metrics Data Mart offers a clear advantage over manual, spreadsheet-based and other traditional tools for gathering and analyzing comp store data by:
• Ensuring that all users are working with identical data and leverage uniform comp store calculations that lead to high confidence in the analysis and better, faster business decisions
• Extending the functionality and value of current enterprise solutions, including Lawson Enterprise Performance Management and Strategic Ledger
• Adapting to the methodology a retailer uses to calculate comp store metrics, thereby lowering total cost of ownership by allowing analysts flexibility to change comp calculations, as well as create and modify views and reports, without IT staff involvement
• Providing busy managers with visual tools, such as traffic lighting, alerts, graphs and key performance indicators, to manage by exception and take prompt action on the issues with the biggest impacts to the business and driving profitability
Lawson Enterprise Integration
Lawson Enterprise Integration provides easy access to information from disparate systems enabling retailers to make more informed business decisions providing improved customer service, lower maintenance costs, improved ROI on previous investments and a lower total cost of ownership by:
• Enabling retailers to standardize their enterprise integration platforms
• Leveraging past investments on existing platforms
• Utilizing open standards, easing future upgrades
About Lawson Software
Lawson Software provides business process software solutions that help services organizations in the healthcare, retail, professional services, public sector, financial services and other strategic markets achieve competitive advantage. Lawson`s solutions include enterprise performance management, distribution, financials, human resources, procurement, merchandising and services automation. Headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., Lawson has offices and affiliates serving North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Additional information about Lawson is available at www.lawson.com.
Director of Corporate Communications
The CBK Group
201-556-9404, ext. 110