New Version Allows Retailers to Track Commerce Activity on Multiple Web Sites and >From Multiple Channels
(SAN DIEGO, CA - May 7, 2003) - WebSideStory, Inc. (www.websidestory.com), the creators of HitBox® services, the standard for online marketing analytics and optimization, today announced the launch of HitBox Commerce v3 (www.HitBox.com) – a unique service that empowers online retailers to optimize their cross-channel tracking, analysis and marketing activities in real time. The new version also contains powerful new lifetime customer analysis features, as well as customizable executive dashboards, to help retailers maximize their marketing dollars and make smarter, faster business decisions. The new cross-channel capabilities help retailers optimize:
• Cross-Channel Marketing – With HitBox Commerce’s Unique Customer Identifier feature, retailers can extract the unique customer IDs from any online customer intelligence report with the click of a mouse. Retailers can use these IDs to send highly targeted campaigns across different channels. HitBox Commerce is the first and only service to provide these customer IDs in real time and without collecting personally identifiable information – the retailers match the unique numerical IDs with their CRM profiles.
• Cross-Channel Analysis – HitBox Commerce can now analyze sales activity across different channels, as well as provide an integrated, global view of those channels. For example, in addition to analyzing e-commerce activity on its Web site, BackcountryStore.com uses HitBox Commerce v3 to track sales activity from its call center. The company, which sells outdoor adventure gear, can look at both accounts side-by-side or get an aggregated view of both channels.
• Cross-Channel Campaign Tracking – Retailers can use HitBox Commerce to track the effectiveness of offline campaigns in generating online sales. For instance, Proflowers.com, the largest direct-from-the-grower flower company in the U.S., uses HitBox Commerce to analyze the effectiveness of a nationwide radio campaign in generating sales. Proflowers.com can see which radio station generates the most sales online, allowing it to optimize its marketing return on investment.
“Understanding the interplay among different customer touch points is a powerful tool for optimizing sales and building customer loyalty,” said Guy Creese, research director of Internet analytics for Aberdeen Group (www.aberdeen.com), a leading market analysis and positioning services firm. “This new HitBox Commerce version gives enterprises a fast, convenient way to build cross-channel relationships, without having to divulge customer details to an analytic partner, in this case WebSideStory.”
“HitBox Commerce continues to innovate and meet our top business needs,” said Kim Yin, vice president of marketing and merchandising at Proflowers.com, the largest direct-from-the-grower flower company in the U.S. “The ability to track our offline marketing spend is extremely powerful and allows us to take advantage of multiple marketing mediums.”
“HitBox Commerce has been an integral part of our online success,” said John Bresee, president and co-founder of BackcountryStore.com, one of Internet Retailer’s Top 50 Retail Web sites. “It has helped us optimize conversions and dramatically improve sales. Now we’ll be able to better understand the relationship between those who buy directly online and those who call in to place an order.”
HitBox Commerce (www.HitBox.com) is the industry’s most comprehensive outsourced e-commerce analytics service, providing instant, actionable insight into online customer behavior. The service helps retailers measure online marketing ROI, increase browse-to-buy ratios, optimize merchandising strategies, and improve online customer support. Select customers include Best Buy, Brooks Brothers, Casual Corner, Liz Claiborne, Phillips-Van Heusen, Proflowers.com and Skechers. HitBox Commerce v3 highlights include:
• Unique Customer Identifier – Retailers can extract unique customer IDs from any online customer intelligence report and send highly targeted campaigns based on unique behavior.
• Cross-Channel Analysis – In addition to tracking multiple online storefronts individually and at the global level, retailers can now track different channels, such as a Web site and a call center.
• Cross-Channel Campaign ROI Tracking – Retailers can use HitBox Commerce to track the effectiveness of offline campaigns in generating online sales.
• Customer Lifetime Value – Provides another dimension to campaign reporting by allowing retailers to see which keywords, e-mail campaigns or offline promotions delivers the highest customer lifetime value.
• Customizable Executive Dashboards – Allows retailers to easily customize their summary views.
For more information about HitBox Commerce, please visit www.HitBox.com or call
San Diego, CA
858-546-0040 ext. 443