New ChannelAdvisor Merchant™ Software Designed for Highest Volume Sellers on Online Marketplaces
Research Triangle Park, NC - March 17, 2003 - ChannelAdvisor Corporation, the leading provider of enterprise solutions for online marketplaces, today announced the availability of its self-service marketplace management software, ChannelAdvisor Merchant. ChannelAdvisor Merchant combines all the functionality and automation that mid-size businesses and top-tier "powersellers" need to manage and grow sales on eBay and across multiple channels. Now, businesses can integrate, analyze and improve business processes-leading to dramatically increased sales and reduced expenses.
ChannelAdvisor Merchant is built on the ChannelAdvisor Enterprise platform, which is currently used by ChannelAdvisor account managers to handle eBay and other marketplace sales for dozens of Fortune 1000 companies such as IBM, Motorola, Dell and Sears. ChannelAdvisor Merchant is tailored for current eBay sellers whose sales exceed $20,000 per month.
Unlike existing powerseller tools that provide limited automation and inventory management, ChannelAdvisor Merchant is inventory-based software-which reflects and supports the way larger businesses operate. ChannelAdvisor Merchant is true enterprise-class software, offering streamlined auction management to help companies increase sales and productivity without adding staff. ChannelAdvisor`s exclusive BidAssureTM functionality is included in ChannelAdvisor Merchant software, helping sellers minimize the impact of "deadbeat" bidders and automate the recovery of final value fees.
"Our eBay success is driven by our product, brand, reputation and the customer experience we provide to our customers," said Adam Ginsberg, President of ZBilliards. "We needed a more powerful and scalable auction management system to automate our processes, integrate with internal systems and allow us to grow, and we chose ChannelAdvisor Merchant because it by far has the most robust system available for high-volume sellers."
How it works
ChannelAdvisor Merchant offers complete integration with a company`s back-office business systems including inventory, accounting, shipping and fulfillment systems.
Channel Management Modules
The ChannelAdvisor Enterprise Platform is designed to optimize product throughput and yield in your marketplace channels. The intuitive user interface and modular architecture make it easy to understand and use. The channel management modules include:
* Inventory Management - Provides the tools to manage inventory and information within a company. It enables businesses to import, edit and categorize inventory information to enable multiple item operations.
* Merchandising - Allows companies to create and maintain professional product templates, company information pages and featured items.
* Marketplace Launch and Management - Provides the tools to prepare and schedule products for posting on multiple marketplaces including eBay, Yahoo! Auctions and Amazon.
* Customer Development - Makes it simple for companies to send and track customer correspondence, order updates and direct mail initiatives.
* Order Processing - Allows companies to collect, consolidate and process payment information from marketplace buyers.
* Yield Maximization - Allows companies to minimize listing fees and recoup fees lost from delinquent bidders.
* Channel Intelligence - Provides companies with the tools to gauge the effectiveness of your marketplace strategy and promotions.
ChannelAdvisor Merchant`s integrated checkout provides a seamless customer experience, automated payment processing and the ability to cross-sell product. It also includes automated scheduling capability to help companies build powerful recurring schedules that achieve their selling strategies without manual intervention. In addition, ChannelAdvisor Merchant automatically tracks inventory as auctions are posted and closed, to ensure that the same item cannot be inadvertently sold more than once. Bulk upload of inventory streamlines the transfer of inventory and images from spreadsheets or inventory databases-saving time and increasing accuracy.
"The powerful automation in ChannelAdvisor Merchant makes it possible for me to stay ahead of my competition and continue to build the business I`ve envisioned," said Randy Smythe, president of Glacier Bay Entertainment. "ChannelAdvisor Merchant is the most intuitive and easiest to use of all the available systems. It has created unbelievable time savings for us."
Leading ChannelAdvisor Merchant clients consider the self-service software as further evidence of ChannelAdvisor`s leadership and vision in the marketplace management industry. ChannelAdvisor has already earned a strong client roster of more than 25 of eBay`s leading sellers, including:
* 47th Street Photo - Top seller of brand new cameras, camcorders and accessories.
* CrazyApe.com - Top seller of computer hardware, software and technical books.
* Designer Markdown - Seller of brand new first quality apparel, footwear, accessories and personal care products.
* eValueville - Top eBay auction clothing retailer offering brand new excess merchandise.
* Glacier Bay Entertainment - Top seller of specialty, new and hard to find DVDs.
* IEPVisions Enterprises - Seller of traditional baby furniture including wooden cribs and rocking horses.
* JustDeals.com - Seller of computer hardware and peripherals.
* Laptops! - Seller of new, factory refurbished and quality used handhelds, notebooks and other portable devices. Laptops! won the 2002 eBay Best Merchandiser Award based on its About Me page and ad templates designed by ChannelAdvisor.
* MovieGoods - Seller of vintage and new movie posters, lobby cards, photographs and movie trailers.
* Sign Warehouse - Seller of sign-making equipment and supplies for the printing industry.
* Thaigem.com - Top seller of gems and jewelry.
* Zbilliards - Leading supplier of billiard tables and accessories.