Jesse Theodore, ESRI
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-1419
E-mail (press only): email@example.com
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
RouteMAP IMS is an affordable Internet mapping and location services application
Redlands, California-ESRI, the first company to launch geographic information system (GIS) software on the World Wide Web, announces that RouteMAP IMS 2.5 is now shipping. The latest release of this affordably priced, out-of-the-box Internet mapping solution brings many new functions, offers additional new options, enhances performance and increases user flexibility.
RouteMAP IMS is designed to help you add mapping and routing capabilities to your Web site. Map templates included in RouteMAP IMS make it easy to create maps with symbols for your unique company locations. You can select the map data you need to produce attractive Internet maps from the data package options. You can also create customized maps using the provided ActiveX and Java APIs. RouteMAP IMS also enables you to generate more business activity for your company by allowing prospective customers visiting your Web site to see maps and get driving directions to your various business locations.
RouteMAP IMS lets you
· Publish custom maps to the Web with symbols for your unique locations.
· Display and print driving directions and maps to your locations.
· Search for your business locations within a 1- to 3,000-mile radius or perform a polygon search.
· Create map routes between locations with the alternative of optimized multiple stops.
· Zoom in, zoom out, pan, and measure distances.
· Edit map feature layers.
· Read ESRI Shapefile format for user-added map layers.
· Choose from available data sets for the United States and Europe.
New features in RouteMAP IMS 2.5 include
· D&B; – Includes 16-million integrated Dun & Bradstreet business listings (U.S. only)
· Buffer Search – Find what’s nearby along a route and see the results in the driving directions as well as on the map.
· Java API – Create custom map applications with the new Java API (in addition to the ActiveX API)
· Dynamic Database Connection – Updates your database locations via active connection to Oracle, dBASE, Microsoft SQL Server and Access, or other ODBC compliant applications.
For more information on RouteMAP IMS 2.5, please visit ESRI on the Web at www.esri.com/routemapims, contact your ESRI regional office, or call ESRI at 1-800-447-9778. Outside the United States, please contact your local ESRI distributor; see www.esri.com/international for a current distributor list.