Improved Enterprise Integration, Profile Management, Multimedia, and Global Support Highlight “Magellan” Release of Responsys Interact
PALO ALTO, Calif., March 4, 2002 – Notable Global 2000 companies whose strategic interactive marketing needs surpass the capabilities of traditional email vendors praised today the latest announcement from Responsys, Inc., the leading technology platform for interactive Customer Relationship Management (iCRM).
Responsys rolled out a major new upgrade to its email marketing service, Responsys Interact, which adds important new functionality in every category that’s important to sophisticated marketeers: Enterprise Integration, Customer Profile Management, Rich Message Delivery, and Global Support. These new capabilities facilitate an ongoing and invaluable personalized dialog between marketers and their customers.
The upgrade, which had been code-named “Magellan” for its focus on the needs of global marketeers, is available immediately to all Responsys Interact customers. Responsys Interact is the industry`s most comprehensive email marketing solution, giving marketers all the tools needed to quickly plan, execute, measure and optimize highly personalized permission-based campaigns.
“These enhancements to Responsys Interact make it easier for us to reach our global audience with consistent, highly targeted, personalized, cost-efficient interactive marketing programs,” said Hossein Hosseini, manager of database marketing for Avery Dennison. “Global interactive marketing presents many additional challenges over traditional homogeneous online marketing. We’re pleased with Responsys’ continued investment to support our global interactive marketing strategies.”
“The combination of this first-rate new version of Responsys Interact with our recent acquisition of website intelligence leader NetAcumen underscores that there’s only one technology platform meeting all the complex interactive communication needs of sophisticated global marketers-and it’s Responsys,” said George Wiedemann, president and CEO of Responsys. “As the gap widens between Responsys and generic email publishing concerns, we’re confident we will continue to solidify our position as the de facto standard for the Global 2000.”
Major new capabilities for the Magellan release of Interact are focused on Enterprise Integration, Customer Profile Management, Rich Message Delivery, and Global Support.
· Responsys Gateway for E-Commerce, which is available in this release of Interact, provides marketers immediate access to website purchase data from a promotional campaign by linking individuals to campaigns and particular purchases at the site. Access to vital campaign/customer-specific data improves ROI and informs future segmentation.
· Account management module: Enables hierarchical relationships to be established in the context of a customer account. This feature serves agencies, resellers, and large enterprises wishing to maintain separate sub accounts for reasons of privacy and security.
Customer Profile Management
· Enhanced Reporting: Responsys Interact includes new Web-browser based access to advanced reporting results, making it easier for marketing staff to share real-time campaign results with company executives in an easy-to-access and easy-to-read format. Additional measurement and reporting enhancements allow marketers to compare A/B sample test campaign results in real time using a random sampling of recipients, and then adapt their campaigns based on the observed results.
Rich Message Delivery
· Rich Media Hosting and Support: Responsys Interact now gives marketers the ability to embed Macromedia Flash objects hosted by Responsys into HTML messages.
· Self-contained HTML messages: Responsys Interact also allows global marketers to deliver visually appealing messages regardless of varying Internet connectivity. This new feature appeals to target audiences who typically read email messages offline.
· Message attachments: Responsys Interact now permits marketers to associate attachments of various types to outbound messages. This new feature optimizes follow-up communications in which solicited information can be easily provided.
· Support for 45+ Languages: Localization of the upgraded version of Responsys Interact makes it easier for Global 2000 companies to deliver interactive marketing communications internationally, in a recipient’s native language. Using Responsys Interact, businesses can send messages in virtually any language. The platform now supports foreign-language response pages, such as registration and unsubscribe forms in 10 languages including: Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish. The Responsys platform’s graphical user interface is now available in English and Japanese with more translations expected in the near future.
About Responsys, Inc.
Responsys, Inc. is the leading Interactive Customer Relationship Management (iCRM) technology platform. It is the only platform that allows businesses to integrate customer profile information from their two most critical channels--emails and websites--and then use that data to develop extremely personalized digital interactions with customers. The company also provides integration with numerous operational and analytical Customer Relationship Management systems. This unique capability delivers to enterprises superior return on investment in online interactions, as well as maximizing investments in existing CRM systems. More than 300 businesses, including global marketing leaders such as BMW, GE Card Services, John Deere, Lands’ End, and Miller Brewing Company, have chosen Responsys as their iCRM technology platform. Privately held, Responsys is based in Palo Alto, Calif., with additional offices in Portland, Oregon and London, England. Accel Partners, Foundation Capital, Redpoint Ventures, RSA Ventures, and Sigma Partners back the company. For more information, visit www.responsys.com, email email@example.com, or call (888) 219-7150.
Responsys, Responsys Interact™ and Responsys Acquire are trademarks of Responsys Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.